As an online learner, you do not want to be worn out anytime you sit in front of your computer screen to take a lesson. Being a student, the stress would get to you faster. With time, you would find out you have achieved nothing. So, let us take a quick look at how to manage our time effectively and efficiently.
The good aspect of online learning is that you can be in control of your timing, by taking classes when it is convenient for you. Every day, your lesson is dropped for you, and you can use your discretion to choose when you are capable of viewing it. However, most times people tend to see that as an opportunity to lag and end up missing out on the entire program. This is where scheduling plays a role. Your time has to be planned, not just by envisioning it, but by putting it down on paper. Following these simple steps would ensure the completion of tasks at hand.
- Create a monthly and/or weekly plan depending on the syllabus for the online program you have enrolled in. This gives you a general overview of how your month and/or week should run per your study sessions.
- Create a daily schedule to not be thrown off-balance in trying to catch up with the weekly plans when unexpected tasks come up. Since your monthly/weekly routine is meant to give a general overview of what your study hours should be, a daily routine/to-do list would put things more into perspective.
- Set aside time for important activities and create a realistic schedule by putting in time for breaks.
- Plan ahead and keep a list of everything you have to do. Prepare for your online sessions every day. In your schedule, block out time for homework and studying.
- Create a study plan for every test and exam. Make a list of the specific things you will prepare for, to keep you on track.
- Put a clock on your study table. Let it serve as a continuous reminder of the time and keep you on track.
- Never skip a session as it might be hard to go back and review it the next day. Slowly, lessons will begin piling up as your procrastination sets in.
- Review every new information you’ve learned within 24 hours as your understanding of the topic is still fresh.
- For every assignment, note the deadline and when you have to submit it. Make sure to finish up before a day or two.
- For projects and big assignments, always be clear about what the next step is. Break them down into smaller actions, writing the steps, so you can have a clear picture of what is next.
- Determine when you’re most productive, and work on your hardest assignments during that time.
- If a task or assignment requires just a few minutes to complete, do it right away. This will ensure that tasks don’t pile up and become exhausting.
Follow these methods to complete your tasks on time with quality results. These are the physical ways through which one can equip their body to be highly productive within a short period. The next article will be guiding you on mentally preparing yourself for tasks through time management.